Royal Caribbean International is inviting Sydneysiders to witness history! On Thursday 15 and Friday 16 December 2016, the fourth largest cruise ship in the world, the all-new Ovation of the Seas will be in Sydney for the first time. The US$1 billion beauty is the first ever brand new cruise ship to sail in our region. The incredible ship is beyond anything ever seen here before, and introduces a whole new way to holiday – SuperCruising.
What: Witness history! See the newest, biggest and most technologically advanced cruise ship ever to call Australian home, Ovation of the Seas, during her maiden visit to her new Sydney home
Date: Thursday 15 & Friday 16 December 2016
Arrival: 6am Thursday 15 December 2016
Departure: 4pm Friday 16 December 2016
• Bradley’s Head, on Sydney’s North Shore, allows views of the major Sydney icons including Fort Denison and its surroundings.
• Cremorne Reserve on Cremorne Point offers spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The outlook includes both Circular Quay and Fort Denison, which will give you excellent views of the ship’s arrival, departure and when docked at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
• Circular Quay is a great place to soak up the atmosphere of the two days, get up close with the ship and watch the arrival and departure.
• The Royal Botanic Gardens, located near Circular Quay, allows panoramic views of Sydney Harbour. Go for a walk through the Royal Botanic Gardens and stop at Mrs Macquarie’s Chair for the best views of Ovation’s arrival on the 15th and departure on the 16th.
• Luna Park and North Sydney Swimming Pool, down near the ferry wharf at Kirribilli are great areas in which you can view the ship arriving and docked at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
• Hickson Road Reserve under the Sydney Harbour Bridge offers panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and it perfect for watching Ovation’s arrival on the 15th and departure on the 16th.
WHEN: 15/12/2016 - 16/12/2016 (6:00 am - 4:00 pm)
WHERE: Sydney Harbour
Sydney Unleashed is one of Australia’s premier entertainment publications exploring the latest in lifestyle trends. From Sydney’s finest restaurants, cafes and bars to the hottest in gadgets, products, and home entertainment, Sydney Unleashed is your one-stop lifestyle platform.