Moringa has been dubbed the most nutritious tree in the world by many researches and if referred to as the ‘miracle tree’. In 2008, the National institute for Health names it ‘Plant of the Year’. Moringa grows wild in many Asian and South American countries and is a major part of the some cultural cuisines and herbal medicines. For many decades Moringa was underestimated in the west as just another edible leafy green, but now with further scientific research into food nutrients and facts – we know that Moringa is a very special Superfood. It can boast the name ‘Superfood’ because of its vast macro- nutrients, trace elements, minerals and vitamins.
– Moringa has 92 nutrient values, the next closest plant has only 28
– These nutrients can be delivered to the body without side effects, residual problems and toxicity
– Moringa can solely contribute to the body, what our daily food in-take no longer can.
Energy Protein Omega-3 fats Carbohydrate Dietary fibre Water
Vitamin A Thiamin Riboflavin Niacin Vitamin B6 Vitamin B12 Folate Pantothenic acid Biotin Choline Vitamin C Vitamin D Vitamin E Vitamin K
Minerals & trace elements
Calcium Chromium Copper Fluoride Iodine Iron Magnesium Manganese Molybdenum Phosphorus Potassium Selenium Sodium Zinc
All 8 Essential Amino Acids (All 8 don’t exist in any other botanicals)
Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine
10 Additional Amino Acids (8 Amino acids can not be synthesised – we MUST get these from the food we eat)
Alanine, Arganine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamine, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine
Other Beneficial Nutrients
Chlorophyll, Carotenoids, Cytokinins, Flavonoids, Omega (3, 6, 9) oils, Plant Sterols, Polyphenols, Lutein, Xanthins, Rutin, and more.
– 3 times the Potassium in bananas
– 7 times the Vitamin-C as in oranges
– 3 times the Iron in spinach
– 4 times the Calcium in milk
– 4 times the Vitamin A in carrots
– 46 Antioxidants
– 36 Anti-Inflammatories
– Omegas 3, 6, and 9
WHAT THE RESEARCH SAYS ABOUT MORINGA
Today, scientific research in both Asia and the west is providing hard evidence for the health benefits long associated with drinking moringa tea. For example, in 1994 the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published the results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking moringa tea reduced the risk of oesophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent. At The University of Purdue researchers recently concluded that a compound in moringa tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells. There is also research indicating that drinking moringa tea lowers total cholesterol levels.
New evidence is emerging that moringa tea can may even assist with those trying to loose weight. In November 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and moringa tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine or a placebo. Moringa’s content of Vitamin B’s stimulates & burns energy, whilst it’s broad nutrient delivery lets the body feel satisfied – instead of craving bad substitutes like sugar and carbohydrates; thus lowering appetite and assisting with weight loss.
Moringa Oleifera has been recognised by the World Heatlh Organisation as the possible answer to malnutrition and infant mortality in the third world. They have been using it to combat malnutrition issues for over 40 years.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MORINGA
The health benefits of moringa are quite extraordinary. It is nature’s multi-vitamin. It has everything the body needs to grow and be healthy. Scientific findings and traditional usages of Moringa:
– May assist in balancing the cholesterol levels in the body
– May balance sugar levels, and aid in the fight against diabetes
– Immunity-stimulant, it is prescribed for AIDS afflicted patients in third world countries
– Stimulates metabolism, may assist in weight loss
– May increase Mental Clarity
– Aids digestion
– May assist in weight-loss
– Natural Energiser
– Supports healthy cell renewal
– Natural Appetite Suppressant
– Alkalises the body, promoting an environment which pathogens and viruses can not live
* Strengthens immune system
* Good nutrition for Breast feeding Mothers & Infants
* Enhances Skin Health & Boosts wound healing
Detox in a Box organic, herbal teas are gluten free, dairy free, caffeine free, alkaline, and suitable for vegans and vegetarians and sugar free. Detox in a Box™ products are available from selected health food stores nationally. To learn more about the Detox in a Box journey, product range and stockist details visit www.detox-in-a-box.com.au.