Calling all Sydney geeks…Oz Comic-Con, Australia’s premier pop-culture expo, explodes to life at the Sydney Exhibition Centre, Glebe Island, this September 10–11.
There’s no better place to spend the weekend as the Sydney Exhibition Centre gets taken over by all things gloriously geeky, collectible and cool.
There’s knockout headlining stars including Daniel Portman (Game of Thrones), Mitch Pileggi (X-Files, Stargate: Atlantis), Maggie Roswell (The Simpsons: Maude Flanders) and Joe Flannigan (Stargate:Atlantis) to name a few. There are guests for fans of every genre, with each taking part in professional photograph and autograph opportunities across the weekend, as well as exclusive question and answer panels.
However, Oz Comic-Con isn’t just about the celebrity guests. There’s everything a pop culture die-hard could ever wish for…awesome activities, fantastic special features and unique retailers selling must-have geeky goodies.
– Artist’s Alley will feature world renowned comic artists including Nicola Scott, Michel Mulipola, Paul Mason, Ken Lashley, Tristan Jones and Mark Sexton. Fans will be able to meet the creators behind their favourite works, as well as get their favourite comics signed.
– Cosplay Central is the place to be for all things Cosplay: special guests, local costume displays, a Cosplay Photo Gallery, a Cosplay Change Room and Repair Station and more. The NSW finals of the Australian Championships of Cosplay will also be held at Oz Comic-Con Sydney, with the winner securing a place in the national finals in Brisbane the following weekend.
– The Oz Comic-Con Fashion Show is new and exclusive to Sydney. This event is a unique opportunity for aspiring geek designers to showcase their talent. Get in quick – designs must be submitted via the Oz Comic-Con website by 11:59PM AEST, July 31, 2016.
– The Anime Station is a chance to put your feet up and relax in Oz Comic-Con’s Manga library or take in an Anime flick in the screening room.
– Mums and Dads, don’t forget to pop into the Family Activity Room where you and the kids can laugh, learn and share in family-friendly activities all weekend.
This is only a brief taste of what can be discovered in the geeky Aladdin’s Cave of Oz Comic-Con Sydney. Oz Comic-Con Sydney will be held at the Sydney Exhibition Centre, Glebe Island, on September 10–11, with doors open from 9am until 6pm each day.Sydney Unleashed is one of Australia’s premier entertainment publications exploring the latest in lifestyle trends. From Sydney’s finest restaurants, cafes and bars to the hottest in gadgets, products, and home entertainment, Sydney Unleashed is your one-stop lifestyle platform.