Stock Up On The Freshest Winter Season Fruits & Veg at Wholefarms Market
Originally operating as Anticos, the grocery store was opened in 1935 in Sydney by Charlie Evripidou. And in the five family generations since, this deluxe suburban supermarket has become synonymous with supplying quality fruit and vegetables to Sydney-siders.
The first Wholefarms Market was opened in February 2020 by Charlie and his sons Alex and Nicolas Evripidou. Charlie has been in the fruit and vegetable sector for over 35 years.
The Wholefarms team lives and breathes fresh produce and quality groceries. Wholefarms Market only stocks the freshest in-season produce and the experts at Wholefarms say the following fruits and vegetables are about to hit the shelves in all their glory and abundance for the winter months:
– Apples are back in abundance
– Quality artichokes and Jerusalem artichokes are in good supply
– Chokos are slowly starting to come in, as the stone fruit season nears its end
– Continental flat beans are in season
– Broccoli and Broccolini are in abundance as cauliflowers are also coming in nicely
Asian veggies and herbs are lacking in quality and supply at the moment and mangoes are on their last legs and expensive. The next batch of mangoes will be Mexican in months to come.
The good news is that local crops are slowly coming out of the ground after the impacts of floods across eastern Australia earlier this year.
The team at Wholefarms Market also recommends incorporating the following immunity-boosting produce in your diet as the colder months set-in:
– Ginger is amazing for the immune system: shredded in a stir-fry, juiced or even added to your morning yoghurt
– Turmeric is one of the best anti-inflammatory and immune builders and perfect inside juices
Wholefarms Market is located at Milperra and Enfield in Sydney (they also deliver). For more information and online orders, visit: www.wholefarms.com.auSydney Unleashed is one of Australia’s premier entertainment publications exploring the latest in lifestyle trends. From Sydney’s finest restaurants, cafes and bars to the hottest in gadgets, products, and home entertainment, Sydney Unleashed is your one-stop lifestyle platform.