One of Australia’s most innovative and inspirational events, Wired for Wonder, has announced its full, incredible line up with headline speakers including NASA Astronaut Terry Virts, London bombing survivor and peace advocate Gill Hicks and Professor of Neuroscience Gina Rippon, set to enthrall attendees in Sydney and Melbourne from 15 November – 17 November.
Wired for Wonder will stretch the imagination of this year’s audience even further by featuring interactive workshops, unique catering experiences and unforgettable theming, taking attendees on a wondrous and sensory journey.
Creative Director, Sarah Roocroft, explains that Wired for Wonder creates a space to encourage the type of thinking the world needs: “When we listen to new ideas and new perspectives, we can develop our own picture, our own point of view. Wired for Wonder is a door to a completely new way of thinking.”
The confirmed Wired for Wonder line up includes:
– NASA Astronaut, Terry Virts: A NASA astronaut who has spent over 200 days in space at the International Space Station. Terry is one of only four astronauts ever to pilot the NASA space shuttle, perform space walks and hold the role of Commander of the ISS.
– Peace Advocate, Gill Hicks: Known globally as a survivor of the London Terrorist Bombings of July 2005, where Gill suffered severe and permanent injuries, losing both legs from just below the knee.
– Cognitive Neuroscientist, Professor Gina Rippon: An international expert on brain-imaging techniques and Professor of Cognitive Neuroimaging at the Aston Brain Centre, Birmingham UK.
– Tech Entrepreneur, Leonard Brody: An award-winning entrepreneur, venture capitalist, author and twotime Emmy nominated media visionary, who has raised millions of dollars for start up companies.
– Digital Anthropologist, Rahaf Harfoush: A digital strategist who focuses on disruptive technology, innovation and digital culture, Rahaf was part of Obama’s digital team during the 2008 Presidential elections.
– Illusionist, David Kwong: An illusionist and puzzle expert who has created illusions for the bank-heist film Now You See Me, teaching magic to Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo and Woody Harreison.
– Biomedical Engineer, Dr. Jordan Nguyen: With a PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Jordan has developed a thought-controlled smart wheelchair, for high-level physical disability, that utilises cameras to perceive its environment.
– Leadership Expert, Lucy Perry: An award-winning leader, rule breaker and exceptional communicator, Lucy is the CEO of Sunrise Cambodia, a photographer and published author.
– Freediver, Ant Williams: A freediver who can hold his breath for an incredible eight minutes underwater, Ant can dive 100 metres down using just one breath and no tanks.
– Marketer and Storyteller, Nick Bowditch: The only person in the Asia-Pacific region to have worked at both Facebook and Twitter, in marketing at both brands.
About Wired for Wonder:
Wired for Wonder is about connecting attendees with thought leaders outside of their normal fields, moving far beyond the boundaries of traditional business events. This year’s theme, POLARITY, centres on contrasting states, systems and views; discovering things outside out usual world helps make new connections. Wired for Wonder 2016 will challenge, inspire and encourage diverse thinking.Sydney Unleashed is one of Australia’s premier entertainment publications exploring the latest in lifestyle trends. From Sydney’s finest restaurants, cafes and bars to the hottest in gadgets, products, and home entertainment, Sydney Unleashed is your one-stop lifestyle platform.