A popular tourist destination for Australians, Bali is an island and province of Indonesia which is well known for its lively bars but also its yoga and meditation retreats. It’s a place where former supermodel and designer of Little Joe Woman, Gail Elliott spends a lot of her time. Here she gives us her ‘Bali Hit List’.
* La Lucciola – I love lunch at La Lucciola, a beautiful restaurant overlooking the ocean in Seminyak.
* Metis Restaurant – Excellent food, excellent service at this beautiful old school Bali restaurant.
* Cafe Petitenget – Great food, fantastic breakfasts, healthy grilled fish & Thai salads for lunch and a nice wine list. It’s also a couple of minutes walk from our boutique so has become a local favourite that we frequent a few times a week.
* Sugarcane – a tiny restaurant devoted to eating healthy, in Pantai Brawa. I love their turmeric & ginger shots and egg white omelettes with spinach & keffer cheese for breakfast and they have a wide selection of cold pressed juices.
Favourite places to shop:
* Souq – This beautiful store sells a mixture of homewares, jewellery, accessories and clothing and has a great cafe too. They serve the best homemade potted salmon & bagel breakfast.
* Little Joe Woman by Gail Elliott boutique – We opened our first contemporary womenswear boutique in Asia on Jalan Petitenget in Seminyak ten weeks ago and carry our full collection as well as our “Endless Summer” collection of perfect vacation pieces and accessories.
* Canggu Deli, Bali Deli and Pepito Market – I shop here for groceries as they have a great selection of produce – cheese, ham, fruit and vegetables.
Favourite places to have a drink:
* Ku De Ta – Sunset cocktails at Ku De Ta with its fun, sexy Euro vibe and listening to DJs pumping out cool tracks, whilst watching the sun go down is my idea of a great afternoon.
* Sardine Restaurant – This beautiful setting overlooking the rice paddies is the perfect place to enjoy a crisp, cold glass of wine.
Gail Elliott resides between Bali, Indonesia & Sydney, Australia.
Looking to book a hotel in Bali or anywhere else at the best possible price? Use our HotelsCombined all-in-one search tool below to compare prices from Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LastMinute.com, and many more in one simple search.