What better way to officially kick off 2024 than with a nationwide ode to an iconic choc-hazelnut spread? Enter February 5th – World Nutella Day.
Created in 2007 by fan Sara Rosso, World Nutella Day holds a special place in the hearts of Nutella enthusiasts in over 160 countries across the globe. The annual commemoration sees thousands of fans celebrating togetherness and love for the iconic choc-hazelnut spread by sharing art, inspiration, recipes, and Nutella-filled smiles on social media, using the hashtag #WorldNutellaDay.
This year, World Nutella Day will be even more significant as the brand completes 60 years since its first-ever jar was created in Alba, Italy. To mark the big birthday, Nutella is releasing a limited-edition jar, honouring the remarkable journey of a much-loved brand.
Using the same seven ingredients for the past six decades, Nutella has become a pantry staple for one in four Aussie homes, holding the top spot as the nation’s most-loved sweet spread. But the World Nutella Day festivities go beyond the household, with Aussie fans spoiled for choice with over 1,800 cafes set to celebrate the occasion around the country this year.
February 5th serves as the perfect celebration of the unmistakable Nutella recipe and all its delicious applications. Whether you enjoy it in the morning on your pikelets, as a topping for your favourite pastries, or simply drizzled over a pavlova with seasonal berries for dessert – the possibilities are endless.
Here is how you can join the fun on World Nutella Day and help celebrate 60 years of smiles:
1. Get creative in the kitchen! What better way to honour such an iconic birthday than by whipping up a sweet treat to enjoy with family and friends? Click here for recipe inspiration.
2. Visit one of many cafés near you participating in World Nutella Day excitement and enjoy the special treats with other Nutella enthusiasts. Franky & Co. and XS Espresso are among the participating venues – find your nearest location and join in the fun!
3. Are you a history buff? Find out more about the renowned brand by exploring its heritage. Check out our infographic and learn more here.
Here’s to spreading smiles and savouring moments with Nutella!
#NutellaANZ | #WorldNutellaDay | #60YearsOfSmiles | #GiveANutellaSmile | @Nutella_ANZ | nutella.com
Nutella Fast Facts
– All the Nutella spread made in a year could fill the Bondi Icebergs pool 6.5 times over!
– A jar of Nutella is sold every 2.5 seconds in the world, which equates to 24 jars being bought every minute
– Nutella is the top-selling hazelnut spread in the world
– The country that consumes to most Nutella is France
– The main ingredient in Nutella is hazelnuts. Each jar of Nutella contains approximately 52 hazelnuts
Nutella was born in 1964 and today it is available in around 160 countries worldwide. The unique chocolate hazelnut spread that millions of people love is made with a meticulous selection of high-quality ingredients and an exacting, artisan-inspired production. Made right here in Lithgow, NSW since 1978, Nutella features freshly roasted hazelnuts with delicious cocoa – sourced from Rainforest Alliance certified farms – to create the signature spread loved by Aussies for generations.
For more information visit nutella.com.Sydney Unleashed is one of Australia’s premier entertainment publications exploring the latest in lifestyle trends. From Sydney’s finest restaurants, cafes and bars to the hottest in gadgets, products, and home entertainment, Sydney Unleashed is your one-stop lifestyle platform.