Learn how to cook like a French chef this Bastille Day with these recipes courtesy of Guillaume Brahimi.
Guillaume Brahimi, who runs the coveted French restaurant Guillaume in Paddington, created each of these recipes with Tefal’s Heritage Triply collection.
RECIPE #1: Beef daube with baby vegetables (Serves 4)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 x 250 g wagyu beef cheeks, sinew removed
1 onion (peeled and roughly cut into 2cm pieces)
1 carrot (peeled and roughly cut into 2cm pieces)
1 stick celery (roughly cut into 2cm pieces)
½ head garlic
½ bunch thyme
1.5 litres red wine
1 orange, peeled
50 ml brandy
200 g speck, cut into 1 cm cubes
100 g button mushrooms, stalks removed
1 bunch baby yellow carrots
1 bunch baby orange carrots
1 bunch baby purple carrots
1 bunch baby leeks
1. Place the Tefal Heritage Triply Pot Roast pan over high heat and add the oil.
2. When hot, add the beef cheeks and seal each side for 4 minutes or until brown. Turn down heat and add vegetables and herb and red wine.
3. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and allow to cool in fridge overnight.
4. The next day, place the pot on the heat and bring back to the boil
5. Place in the oven covered with the lid and cook for 4.5 hours
6. Remove from oven, add brandy, orange peel, speck, mushrooms and baby vegetables
7. Place pan in oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
8. Remove and serve with Paris mash or rice pilaf.
RECIPE #2: Roasted pear with salted caramel sauce, walnuts and vanilla ice cream (Serves 4)
4 pears (peeled and cut in half)
150 gm caster sugar
70 gm butter
50 ml cream
1 vanilla bean (split and scrape)
5 gm sea salt
20 gm walnuts (roasted and roughly chopped)
Vanilla ice cream
1. Remove the seeds from the centre of the pear using a melon baller.
2. Place Tefal Heritage Triply fry pan on medium heat
3. Add 20 gm of butter and pear halves flat side down. Allow pears to colour and then remove from the pan.
4. Wipe out pan and add sugar. When sugar has reached caramel colour add vanilla, butter and cream
5. Add pears back into pan and reduce heat to simmer cook for 15 minutes or until pears are just soft.
6. Remove pears and allow pears to cool a little.
7. Place pears on plate, add salt to caramel sauce, spoon over pears, sprinkle with walnuts and serve a scoop of ice cream.
RECIPE #3: Selection of mushrooms with brioche crumbs and balsamic (Serves 4)
500 gm seasonal mushrooms
150 gm butter
50 ml balsamic vinegar
2 slices brioche
1 punnet red vein sorrel
1. Place a Tefal Heritage Triply Sauté Pan on medium to high heat
2. When pan is warm add 100 gm of butter, add eshallots and cook for 2 mins then add mushrooms.
3. Toss the mushrooms, when mushrooms are cooked remove and drain.
4. Place another pot on high heat and add remaining butter.
5. When butter reaches noisette add balsamic and emulsify to together. Allow balsamic to reduce by 1/2.
6. Toast the brioche and then crumble and allow to dry out. Fold through garlic and parsley.
7. Sauce with balsamic and garnish with sorrel and sprinkle with brioche crumbs.
All recipes created by Guillaume Brahimi with Tefal’s Heritage Triply collection.Sydney Unleashed is one of Australia’s premier entertainment publications exploring the latest in lifestyle trends. From Sydney’s finest restaurants, cafes and bars to the hottest in gadgets, products, and home entertainment, Sydney Unleashed is your one-stop lifestyle platform.